Wednesday, October 8, 2008

independent lady

Currently jamming to: "flying over russia" by the marine girls

Okay, so I finally got around to going to the new "Photography on Photography" exhibit at the MET and I strongly suggest anyone who likes controversial, modern photography to go, go, go! I became inspired when looking at Lutz Bacher's Jackie & Me (1989) collection of photographs; thinking about how American women really do need another Jackie Kennedy Onassis to look up to for style! Personally I think we're long overdue for a new political style icon - no, Barbara Bush's attempt to push pearls is not cutting it and unfortunately Hillary got tossed away to the sidelines along with her pantsuit - and Michelle Obama seems to be that perfect match. C'mon the lady wore Thankoon to her hub's big speech at the convention and soon after strutted down again sporting a Narcisco Rodriguez number. With that all in mind, I came up with some sweet, subtle suggestions on what Michelle's spring wardrobe should include by taking pieces from runways these past few weeks; of course throwing in a touch of my own taste. Nonetheless, I think that the default designs should be those of Oscar de la Renta. I have always supported the work of Oscar when it comes to creating pieces suitable for a girl in charge. The man can honestly do no wrong!

[images courtesy of style.com]