Saturday, October 25, 2008

"I am a princess. All girls are. Even if they live in tiny old attics. Even if they dress in rags, even if they aren't pretty, or smart, or young."

currently clapping to: "castle of nothing" by rolling hunt












I have been in a type of movie coil! More specifically, I have been buying all the favorite movies that I had as a kid that I don't think I will ever quite grow out of... what's the fun in growing up anyway? So there's definitely something about Frances Hodgson Burnett's writing, especially when translated to a motion picture, that could instantaneously sweep you away in her magical story lines. One of my favorites, by far, is A Little Princess. The character, Sara Crew, warmed so many hearts with her kind words and worldly tales. What really won me over was the clothing the girls wore throughout the film. I remember as a kid nudging my mom to get me that dress or that hat. That's basically why I decided to see what Sara would wear if she were springing back into our lives this spring:


[click image to inlarge]


now i can't wait to get the movie mailed to me!
oh, and here's the trailer too!



[runway images courtesy of style.com]