Tuesday, September 29, 2009

milan milan milan

[click imgs to enlarge]


The philosopher, Bertrand, sure had a pellucid thought when he went on to say "Italy, and the spring and first love all together should suffice to make the gloomiest person happy." However, I would assume that the thoughts passing through his psyche did not contain imagery of the country's fashionable attire as mine may. Retaining some of my previous memories of designs that have surfaced in past seasons, I recall having a tendency to be less appreciative of Italian craftsman than I would be, let's say, of those in Paris or Stockholm. This time around I think all of us girls are in debt to Karl for having created pieces that are simply belissimo at the il Casa di Fendi! Just picture yourself in the advent of Summer, walking around in those soft shirts and trousers strolling along a promenade! In addition, I am simply enamored by those metallic platforms with fabricated straps that actually appear to be something comfortable enough to walk around in for a duration of time longer than the time it takes you to walk from Point A to Point B. Next, we have Roberto Cavalli whom I would have to say, like wine and friendship, improves with age. My affinity for sartorial pieces blended with feminine prints has really evolved as I grew up; this is why his choice of textiles remain a true staple choice for any romantic, Spring nights out around town.